Town Home
131 Cedar Street - Newington, CT 06111-2644 - Phone: (860) 665-8510
Who are my U. S. Congressional Representatives?
Click here for a list of Newington’s current representatives in the U. S. Congress..”

Who are my State Legislators?
Click here for a list of Newington’s current Legislators.”

Where do I register to vote?  Where do I vote?
You can register to vote at either the Registrars of Voters office or the Town Clerk’s office in the Town Hall.  Voter Registration forms are also available through the Department of Motor Vehicles or at the Lucy Robbins Welles Library.  To see where you vote, click here.  The Registrars of Voters may be contacted at 860 665-8516 or 860 665-8517.  If they are not available, you may contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 860 665-8545.

What type of Government does the Town of Newington have?
Newington received its Charter from the State of Connecticut in 1871 and is currently governed under the Council-Manager form of government with a nine member Town Council.  The Mayor, elected separately, is a member and presiding official of the Council with the power to vote.  Recognized as the official head of the Town for ceremonial and military purposes, the Mayor has the authority to appoint the Town Attorney, Director of Health and Clerk of the Council. 

 For a list of current Town Council members, click here.