Library COVID-19 Update
The Town of Newington along with the State of Connecticut as a whole, has experienced an increase in the number of positive cases of COVID-19 over the past several weeks. These numbers are expected to grow in the coming weeks. Due to this factor and at the recommendation of Director of Health Charles Brown, MPH from the Central Connecticut Health District (CCHD) and Town Manager Keith Chapman, effective Monday, November 9, 2020, the library will be reducing services. We will continue to monitor the situation and make modifications as recommended by CCHD.
In response to the outbreak of COVID-19, in-person browsing by appointment has been suspended and the library building is closed until further notice.
- Library staff will continue to be available via phone 860-665-8700 and online to offer you the best service during the following hours. - Monday. - Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Friday - 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Saturday - 9:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
- Lucy-to-Go Curbside Service will be available during the following hours:
Monday - Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Friday - 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Saturday - 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. SAME DAY Pickup is now available
Learn more about how to make arrangements for your pickup.
- Our digital services will continue to be available via the library's website.
- The book drops will still be open 24/7.
- Library staff empty them every day.
- We are letting items sit for three days to give any potential virus time to die before checking them in.
- You will not be charged overdue fines while the library is closed so you can keep your items past their due dates.
- But we would appreciate it if you could return them as soon as you can so the staff can have the materials you want ready for you when the library reopens.
People with general questions about COVID-19 can visit ct.gov/coronavirus or call 2-1-1. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID -19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath) and feel you may have been exposed to the coronavirus, please stay at home and call your healthcare provider or your local Health Department-CCHD 860-785-8380 to discuss your options.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.