What about leaves, grass, and yard waste?
These items must not be placed in the blue recycling container or the green refuse container. Residents may bring yard debris (permit required) and grass and leaves (proof of residency required) to the Town Landfill located on Main Street (adjacent to Churchill Park). Permits may be obtained at the Highway Department.

Show All Answers

1. How does Newington benefit from single stream recycling?
2. Will there be any change in my household trash collection (green container)?
3. Which container is for recycling and which one is for trash?
4. What material should be placed in your blue recycling container?
5. What happens if I put my container out on the wrong week?
6. Do I still need to separate recyclables?
7. What about leaves, grass, and yard waste?
8. Can I use the blue recycling container for excess trash?
9. Who should I contact if I have further questions?