Fall 2019 Collection Schedule: (subject to change)
- ALL STREETS WEST OF WILLARD AVENUE: Third collection completed. Crews will attempt a fourth and final collection the week of December 2 through December 6 weather permitting.
- ALL STREETS EAST OF WILLARD AVENUE: Third collection completed. Crews will attempt a fourth and final collection the week of December 2 through December 6 weather permitting.
- Residents may bring leaves to the landfill on Saturdays and Sundays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (proof of residency required).
Saturdays only from 9:00-5:00 January 1 through March 31, 2018
Saturday and Sunday 9:00-5:00 April 1 through December 31
Depending on weather conditions, crews may enter into a section ahead of schedule or remain in an area longer than anticipated, use the above schedule as a guideline only. Please keep in mind, an early snowfall hinders our collection efforts and residents are advised to rake leaves to the curb as soon as possible.
The leaf collection program operates during the months of November and December and consists of 24 full and part time employees including Parks and Grounds personnel.
- Over 14,000 cubic yards of leaves are collected and processed each year.
- Leaves are collected curbside on all Town roads, then transported to the Town Landfill for processing.
Leaf Collection Guidelines:
- The Town will make at least two passes through each street (weather permitting).
- Rake leaves to the front of your property (adjacent to the street) as soon as possible. Crews and collection schedules vary due to weather conditions.
- Do not block sidewalks or rake leaves into the street.
- Leaves in barrels, plastic bags, cardboard boxed or mixed with branches, sticks, household trash or any foreign matter will not be picked up.
- State law requires leaves to be collected separately from the trash. Do not put leaves in your rubbish or recycling containers as they will not be picked up.
- Residents may bring leaves to the landfill on Saturdays and Sundays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 1st through December 31st (proof of residency required).
The success of the Leaf Collection program is greatly dependent on the weather. Your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated.