As a Department of the Town of Newington, basic operating expenses are provided through budget appropriations each year. These funds pay salaries and keep the building warm and well lit. In order to provide an enhanced environment, great programs and services and make this Center as wonderful as it is, the Center raises funds and accepts donations.
In the past these gifts have allowed us to refurnish our TV Lounge, buy new chairs for our auditorium, buy new TVs, throw great parties including quarterly birthday parties, offset program expenses and much more. In the future, we hope to continue to upgrade our furniture, including new tables and chairs to modernize our cafeteria, get new card tables for the auditorium, improve the acoustics of the building, and create new programs.
How to Donate
You can help the Senior and Disabled Center by:
- Visiting Our Gift Shop - Open Monday through Friday, our volunteer operated consignment shop sells everything from crafts to office supplies.
- Attending Our Annual Expo as a Vendor or as a Participant - Each fall more than 50 vendors showcase their services and products to the public.
- Donating Used Cell Phones - Through our participation in Cellular Recycling, your old phones are turned into cash.
- Making a General Donation - Cash gifts are always accepted!
- Tribute Donations - Friends or families might want to make a donation in memory of a loved one or in tribute to a special event. The honoree or family will receive a letter to inform them of your recognition. Donations to the Newington Senior and Disabled Center can be made by sending a check to the Town of Newington/Senior and Disabled Center:
120 Cedar Street
Newington, CT 06111
- Bequests - Gifts named in a person’s will for a stated amount or a percent of one’s estate.
All donations are spent at the discretion of the Commission on Aging and Disability and accounted for by the Town of Newington.