- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after visiting the restroom; before eating; after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing or touching your face.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard the tissue in the trash. Clean your hands AGAIN.
- Use alcohol gel hand sanitizers when soap and water are not available.
- Utilize disinfectant wipes to wipe down high-touch areas such as counters, keyboards, doorknobs and other areas with frequent hand exposure.
- Keep hand cleansers with you.
- Avoid congregating in large highly-populated spaces or events.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- Call your physician should you develop a fever and a cough or difficulty breathing.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath) and feel you may have been exposed to the coronavirus, please stay home and call your health care provider or your local Health Department-CCHD 860-785-8380 to discuss your options.