Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The Town of Newington’s Sanitation Department would like to remind residents that trash and recycling collection is continuing on regular schedule. Our trash and recycling haulers continue to focus their efforts on the collection of trash and recycling, which are essential to our community. We’d like to remind our residents of some important service guidelines to keep the services running efficiently and effectively.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO SUPPORT OUR DRIVERS
1. All trash must fit inside the cart with the lid closed.
2. Place your carts at least 3 feet away from all objects including your second cart, mailbox, car or trees. The lid opening should face the street.
3. Please help us service your house by keeping carts away from parked vehicles. Our collection trucks need clear access to service your carts.
4. Please have carts out at the curb the evening before or by 6 a.m. on your collection day.
5. Household hazardous wastes, batteries, leaves, grass, chemicals and electronics are NOT ACCEPTED in your curbside containers.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO SUPPORT NEWINGTON’S RECYCLING PROGRAM
1. Break down cardboard boxes and, if needed, cut them up to fit in your recycling cart.
2. Empty your bottles and cans before recycling and leave the caps on.
3. Visit www.reyclect.com to learn more on how to make Newington’s recycling program successful.
4. Latex and other disposable gloves go in the trash – not your recycling container.