Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The MDC will be holding a household hazardous waste collection on Sunday June 26, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for Newington residents and residents of MDC participating towns at the West Hartford Public Works Garage, 17 Brixton St., West Hartford . For more information visit the MDC
Please see special guidelines below before attending the event.
COVID-19 protocols when attending an MDC Household Hazardous Waste collection:
• Limit ONE person per vehicle.
• YOU MUST REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES.
• Keep your windows rolled up.
• Be ready to place driver’s license against window for proof of residency.
• Place only the waste items you want removed in the trunk of your vehicle. Remove all other items.
• Workers will remove the contents and will be in full safety gear.
• Fuel containers will not be emptied and returned due to COVID-19.