The SDC Volunteer Bus Trip Committee is pleased to offer the upcoming day trips throughout the state and the New York/Rhode Island/Massachusetts region. This page will be updated with additional trip information as scheduled – so check back often!
Tickets for bus trips must be purchased in advance at our Volunteer Bus Stop, located at the Senior & Disabled Center Welcome Desk. The Bus Stop is open:
- Mondays and Tuesdays: 10:00 a.m. – Noon
- Thursdays from 11:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Not able to visit the Bus Stop during those times? Please call the main office at 860-665-8778 for assistance. Note that all trips are cash or check only; we cannot accept credit cards for payment.
Unless noted, all trips depart and return to the Newington Senior & Disabled Center parking lot.
Aqua Turf Club St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
Tuesday 3/14/2023 • 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
- Featuring lunch, door prizes and entertainment by The McLain Avenue Bank & Irish Step Dancers
- $52 pp cash or check
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner at Wright’s Farm and Bally’s Twin River Casino, Blackstone Valley, RI
Thursday 4/13/2023 • 9:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Tickets on sale 1/30/2023)
- Featuring an all you can eat chicken dinner at the famous Wright’s Farm and a visit to the Bally’s Twin River Casino
- $83 pp check made payable to Friendship Tours
Thomaston Opera House & Lunch at Black Rock Tavern, Thomaston, CT
Sunday, 5/7/2023 • 10:45 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. (Tickets on sale 2/6/2023)
- Featuring a lunch at Black Rock Tavern and a matinee live performance of Beautiful – Carol King the Musical at the Thomaston Opera House
- $112 pp – check made payable to Friendship Tours
Locks & Lunch Cruise Along the Hudson River, Troy, NY
Saturday, 6/24/2023 • 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Tickets Coming Soon)
- Featuring a 3-hour cruise aboard the Captain JP, hot and cold buffet, onboard entertainment and a trip to the New York State Museum
- $126 pp check made payable to Friendship Tours
Lobster and & Great Show Featuring Michael D’Amore, Holyoke, MA
Wednesday, July 19, 2023 • 10:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. (Tickets Coming Soon)
- Featuring a lobster or prime rib lunch at The Log Cabin followed by a performance by singer Michael D’Amore highlighting hits of the 1950’s – 1970’s.
- $124 pp check made payable to Friendship Tours