Arts & Crafts Vendor


July 20, 2024



Sales & Use Tax Permit

The Newington Parks and Recreation Department invites Artists and Crafters to our annual Life. Be in it. Extravaganza event! We enjoy offering event-goers a variety of arts and crafts and would love to see what you have to offer!

Per Connecticut State Law, all vendors must obtain a Sales and Use Tax Permit when selling at any fairs or shows in Connecticut even if you will only be making sales for one day. Permits must be displayed prominently in your booth. You must obtain this permit before making any sales. As a seller, you are responsible for collecting sales and use taxes and you are liable for their payment whether or not you collect them from your customers. You must file returns and pay the full amount of tax due DRS. For more information, please visit the State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services website. All Arts and Crafts vendors participating in our Extravaganza must comply with state laws and provide their Tax ID number on the application form.

Click the links below for the information page and application.

Related Documents