The following items are required to be submitted when applying for a building permit:
- Completed permit application form(s)
- If needed, submit a completed Application for Zoning Review form ($15 fee) and a plot plan that has the new structure drawn in and lists the distances to property lines.
- Check made payable to "Town of Newington" for the applicable amount using the fee schedule provided below. Note: Zoning Review Applications require a $15 fee in addition to the permit fee.
- Applicable fees - Building Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Contractor's name, address, telephone number
- Copy of CT contractor's license and/or registration
- Proof of Worker's Compensation insurance
- Construction plans - 2 sets for residential one and two family, and 3 sets for non residential
- Central Connecticut Health District approval, if necessary
- Conservation Commission approval, if applicable
- Inland Wetland Commission approval, if necessary
- Town Plan and Zoning approval, if applicable
- Flood permit approval, if applicable