Core Values are the fundamental beliefs of an organization, and are the guiding principles that influence our conduct and how we make decisions. The members of the Newington Police Department are committed to the following Core Values:
- Our conduct and demeanor display the highest standard of personal and organizational excellence. As a profession organization, we are guided by the "Law Enforcement Code of Conduct".
- We recognize the authority we hold and we will treat others as we would like to be treated. We will faithfully and without bias, uphold the law and honor our responsibilities to the community.
- We are committed to the highest standards of honesty and ethical conduct, which are the cornerstones of our profession.
- We recognize the dangers inherent in our profession and we are willing to place the safety of others above our own
- We value our relationship with the community, those we serve, and know that a strong police-community relationship is critical to our success.
- Organizational Excellence
- We are commited to achieving sustained superior performance that meets and where possible exceeds the expectations of the citizens we serve.
Through our core values we strive to meet the following objectives in our operations and in the community:
- To continue to improve the police operation and supply improved service to the community.
- To enhance community service efforts to improve the quality of life for Newington citizens.
- To continue to seek grant funding for traffic enforcement and other law enforcement projects.
- To continue to work with other law enforcement agencies to enhance regional cooperation.
- To maintain our effort to reduce accidents town wide and through education and enforcement efforts.